- While the Company uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, the Company makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The Company assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
- When you register with the Company and/or this Site, you expressly consent to receive any notices, announcements, agreements, disclosures, reports, documents, communications concerning new products or services, or other records or correspondence from the Company. You also authorize the Company to share your information with the Company’s Conference Co-Host.
- If you post or send comments or suggestions about the Site to the Company, including, but not limited to, notes, text, drawings, images, designs or computer programs, such submissions shall become, and shall remain, the sole property of the Company. No submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the Company. The Company shall exclusively own all rights to (including intellectual property rights thereto), and shall be entitled to unrestricted use, publication, and dissemination as to all such submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise without any acknowledgment or compensation to you. All comments and posts must avoid profanity, violence or insinuation of violence, bullying, trolling, or other comments deemed inappropriate by the sole discretion of the Company. Any comments or posts that do not abide by the Commenting Guidelines may be removed. Violation of the Commenting Guidelines may also result in the removal of your ability to post or comment, or removal from the site.
- The Company shall use commercially reasonable efforts to restrict unauthorized access to our data and files. However no system whether or not password protected can be entirely impenetrable. You acknowledge that it may be possible for an unauthorized third party to access, view, copy, modify, or distribute the data and files you store using the Site. Use of the Site is completely at your own risk.
- NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR MAINTAINING THE SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THE SITE, THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF SUCH MATERIALS, THE SUITABILITY OF SUCH MATERIALS FOR ANY USER’S NEEDS OR THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THEIR USE WILL MEET ANY USER’S EXPECTATIONS, OR THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CORRECTION. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE ARE FREE FROM BUGS OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERFORMANCE OR SERVICE PROBLEMS CAUSED BY ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. ANY SUCH PROBLEM SHALL BE GOVERNED SOLELY BY THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THAT PROVIDER. Please note that the applicable jurisdiction may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties. Some of the above exclusions may thus not apply to you.
- THE COMPANY MAY, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, REFUND THE INITIAL FEE CHARGED FOR ANY USE OF THE SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT OR A PRO-RATA PORTION THEREOF CONSISTENT WITH THE COMPANY’S REFUND POLICY. THE COMPANY SHALL REFUSE ANY REFUND SEVEN (7) DAYS AFTER YOUR PAYMENT FOR USE OF THE SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT, EITHER PURSUANT TO THE COMPANY’S CUSTOMER LICENSE AGREEMENT OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF THE REASON FOR DISRUPTION.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, EQUIPMENT, INFORMATION OR DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR GOODWILL, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES, OR CLAIMS FOR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS OR TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, OCCASIONED BY ANY DEFECT IN THE SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR RELATED MATERIALS, THE INABILITY TO USE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT THERETO, REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and each of its directors, officers employees, and agents, harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to (i) your breach of this Agreement, (ii) any violation by you of law or the rights of any third party, (iii) any materials, information, works and/or other content of whatever nature or media that you post or share on or through the Site, (iv) your use of the Site or any services that the Company may provide via the Site, and (v) your conduct in connection with the Site or the services or with other users of the Site or the services. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide the Company with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by the Company.
- The use of this site and its content does not constitute an engagement in professional counseling, therapy, or clinical, psychological, or medical treatment. You agree that Company is not licensed to nor is it engaging in any professional counseling or medical services; and that the information presented is solely the opinion of the author(s) and/or presenter(s). Company is not bound by any local, state, or federal regulations regarding professional services. Please see Section 9.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You further submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Rensselaer County, New York. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Virtual Catholic Conference, LLC,
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Performance of a contract. We may need to collect and use your personal information, as applicable, to perform our contractual obligations.
- Legal Compliance. We may collect and use your information in connection with legal obligations to which we are subject. These legal obligations include, but are not limited to, any and all applicable (i) federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations, (ii) court orders, or (iii) consent decrees.
We may use information that we collect about you, including personal information, to:
- Provide Products and Services. We will use your information to provide our products, our partner’s products, and our services to you; to respond to your inquiries; and for other customer service and support purposes. We use the payment information you provide to us in order to alert you of past, current, and upcoming charges, to allow us to present the purchase history to you, and to perform internal finance processes, such as looking the status of a credit card charge. In the event of a credit card dispute, we also share account information with your bank to verify the legitimacy of a charge.
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, our partner’s products, our services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
- Communicate with you.
- Service related communications. We may send you service and administrative emails to ensure the products or services are working properly.
- Promotional. Subject to your opt-out preference, we may send you emails about new product features or other news about Virtual Catholic Conference, LLC, or on topics we think would be relevant to you. You may opt out of receiving these communications at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the applicable email or sending us a request at email@example.com.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- Advertising. Subject to your opt-out preferences, we may develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites.
- Legal Compliance. We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including informal requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Other. We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection subject to your consent. Please read all online agreements carefully before accepting them.
Last Updated: May 30, 2020